According to BusinessInSavannah.com, JCB’s Savannah-built Teleskid skid steer and compact loader recently won six industry awards for quality and innovation.
The Teleskid is the first and only skid steer and compact loader with a telescopic boom, according to the company. The boom allows it to lift higher and reach farther than other skid steers on the market. It is also the only skid steer that can dig below ground level.
The Teleskid was launched in March at the CONEXPO-CON/AGG construction trade show in Las Vegas. Since then it received the following awards:
- Gold Award: 2017 Innovative Product Awards by Rental Equipment Register magazine.
- 2017 Editor’s Choice Award by Rental magazine.
- Most Innovative Loader of the Year, by Compact Equipment magazine.
- Top 100 Products of 2017 Award, by Construction Equipment magazine.
- Twenty for 2017 Award, by Landscape & Irrigation magazine.
- Innovation Award at the SPACE 2017 international agricultural trade fair, France.
Teleskid features the iconic JCB skid steer side entry design, which allows safe and simple entry and exit via a full-size door on the left side of the cab, rather than having to climb over attachments or under an unsupported boom, as is necessary on twin-arm skid steers.
Once inside, Teleskid operators have a positive-pressure, climate-controlled cab that is 33% larger than industry average and offers 60% better visibility.
JCB is the world’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of construction, agricultural and defense equipment.
From its North American headquarters in Pooler and at 21 other manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom, China, India and Brazil, JCB manufactures a range of more than 300 products for customers in 150 countries.