GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Kawasaki’s new FX850V-EFI engine is the latest member of its growing family of engines using the most technologically advanced EFI system ever built by the company. It incorporates a fully integrated electronic governor (e-Gov) and an advanced ECU that instantly matches power to cutting load and ground speed. These new features will allow professional landscapers to mow lawns more efficiently with Kawasaki performance and reliability they have come to expect.
Developed specifically with the commercial market in mind, the all-new Kawasaki EFI system is available on select models of FX Series and FS Series engines, with plans to incorporate it in additional models. The FX850V-EFI joins two other units that currently employ the user-friendly EFI system: FX730V-EFI, and FS730V-EFI.
Commercial usage has demanding needs, and this system responds with features focused on those needs. Helping to avoid typical hillside mowing slowdowns, the load-matching e-Gov system keeps drive wheels and cutting blades working at peak productivity. The elimination of power loss through the entire load range lets operators move quickly through almost any turf conditions. Kawasaki’s legendary cutting power allows users to cover wider areas at a faster pace, serving up uniform results.
Designed to provide the utmost in support to professional landscapers, the engines range from 25.5 horsepower to the 29.5 horsepower output in the new FX850V-EFI.
Among some of the design and operational highlights:
- Multi-port sequential fuel injection for high-precision fuel delivery maximizing power per stroke and fuel economy
- High pressure “returnless” fuel system offers consistent fuel delivery and smooth operations in high temperature situations
- An ECU that continuously monitors ambient conditions and engine performance, delivering optimum power and efficiency in all situations, regardless of weather conditions
- No need for cold-start choke, automatic enrichment to assure fast, dependable starts in any type of weather—cold or hot, wet or dry.
- Engine temperature monitoring guards against overheating while protecting the landscapers’ investment
- Optimum blade tip speed—critical to reducing the need for re-cuts—is aided via the system’s power/load matching which helps make for a clean cut on the first go-around.
The open-loop design is at the core of this system’s reliability for tough commercial use. The all-new EFI is matched by a PC or tablet plug-in diagnostic system for quick, easy troubleshooting, accurate service, and helps minimize downtime. Kawasaki maintained the same footprint as its carbureted engine models so upgrading to EFI is clean and easy.