The National Hispanic Landscape Alliance (NHLA) has planned a seminar program during GIE+EXPO with sessions for both dealers and contractors. Attendees at GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo) will have the opportunity to attend Latino Link sessions. GIE+EXPO, scheduled for October 18-20 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, draws more than 18,000 participants to see the latest innovations and attend first-rate education programs.
With sessions in English and Spanish, topics have been designed to appeal to a wide range of attendees, including:
- Dealers seeking to increase sales to area Hispanics,
- Hispanic contractors eager to achieve greater success
- Non-Hispanics wishing to better engage Hispanic employees.
Wednesday, October 18
8:30 - 10:30 AM
Latino Link Dealer Breakfast: Gaining Market Dominance by Building Customers for Life (in English)
Pre-registration is required. $25, includes breakfast.
Panel: Josh Coffman (Everglades Farm Equipment, Tampa, Fla.), Ben Davis (Austin Turf, Austin, Texas), Raúl Berrios (RulyScapes, Centreville, Va.), Iván Giraldo (Clean Scapes, Austin, Texas) and Rafael Díaz (Diaz Group, Chicago, Ill.).
Moderator: Pam Berrios (ALS Services, Alexandria, Va.)
Dealers on the panel will share how they have found success through:
- Selling (new and pre-owned), leasing, renting and, in some instances, loaning equipment as a way to alleviate a customer's pain
- Fleet management consulting to help customers maximize the value of their equipment dollars
- Timely communication to set (or reset) expectations and allow the contractor to make adjustments to best leverage the manpower and equipment he does have and set the expectations of his customers
- Offering (and providing education on) solution options (programs) to best address customer needs
- Making the most of everyday opportunities to build relationships
- Providing customers a facility tour and describing the services provided, parts in inventory, etc.
Contractors will provide their perspectives on how these and other practices can attract or repel prospective customers. Learn the keys to making your dealership the go-to destination for local landscape contractors.
For more Information
GIE+EXPO's 2017 dates are Wednesday, Oct. 18, Dealer Day; Oct. 19-20 for all industry participants. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).
For more information and online registration for the tradeshow and education program: www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points: Facebook, info@GIE-EXPO.com, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and 800-558-8767/812-949-9200.