Presenter: Marsha Salswedel
Agricultural Youth Safety Specialist, National Children's Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety
Join us as we discuss the topic of children and tractors, starting at birth and moving up through adulthood. We will explore what we know, what we think we know and what we don’t know.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of children on the farm.
- Explore some of the common “myths” associated with children and tractors.
- Discuss safety concerns of babies in tractors.
- Explore how youth can work safely in and around tractors.
- Determine what can be done to keep visitors safe around tractors and equipment.
- Identify resources that can be used to help safeguard children and youth around tractors.