Many people don’t really know what their leadership style is. This is something you want to define and develop. There are 6 different leadership styles:
- Visionary: “Come with me” approach, stating the overall goal, but giving people the freedom to choose their own means of achieving it
- Coaching: Focused on personal development rather than immediate work-related tasks
- Affiliative: “People come first” attitude
- Democratic: Giving employees a voice in decisions
- Pacesetting: Setting high performance standards and exemplifying them
- Commanding: “Do what I say” approach
The visionary style of leadership will have the most positive impact on your dealership and should be the leadership style you should strive for. Adapt your style little-by-little to achieve a visionary leadership style.
Read more, Managing Your Team for Peak Performance.