- Enhanced Control System (ECS) improves ergonomics and comfort compared to typical stand-on mower controls, resulting in less fatigue over the course of a work day
- New reduced-friction pumps and upgraded wheel motors on X-Series models deliver smooth, consistent control and maintained ground speed of up to eight mph.
- Upgraded, high-capacity clutch provides added durability.
With the goal of offering the most ergonomic, productive stand-on mower for landscape professionals, Exmark today introduced its Enhanced Control System (ECS) equipped Vantage X-Series stand-on riding mower at the 2012 GIE+EXPO trade show.
A logical extension of the company’s well-established Vantage stand-on rider line, the new X-Series incorporates ECS technology pioneered on the company’s large walk-behind mowers to place the operator’s hands and back in a more natural position, with fingertip control operation. The result is increased operator comfort and reduced overall fatigue at the end of a work day. The new system offers a similar overall layout to Exmark’s ECS-equipped large walk-behind models.
“We’ve learned through research and customer feedback that fatigue is one of the single largest contributors to productivity drop-off in workers,” noted Daryn Walters, Exmark Director of Marketing. “When stand-on riders came to the market, they were a significant advance in productivity for crews, but until now none had fully realized the benefits of natural hand positioning in reducing fatigue and actually increasing operator control.”
“The combination of ECS ergonomics and fingertip control maximizes both the maneuverability and productivity potential of the Vantage mowing platform.”
To give the Vantage X-Series mowers smoother, more consistent control, Exmark engineers incorporated new, reduced friction hydro pumps and high-capacity wheel motors, which allow maintained ground speeds of up-to 8 mph moving forward, and 4 mph in reverse.
The Vantage X-Series delivers a standout quality of cut, thanks to a choice of 48-, 52- or 60-inch UltraCut™ Series 4 cutting decks. Featuring Exmark’s patented flow-control baffles and optimized blade-tip speed, the UltraCut Series 4 cutting decks are designed for smooth clipping flow and provide uniform discharge. Decks are configured for standard side discharge through a molded discharge chute, with the option to bag or mulch.
Additional features of the Vantage X-Series stand-on riding mowers include:
- Powerful, reliable Kawasaki FX651V and FX691V engines and Kohler ECV730 and ECV740 EFI engine options.
- Heavy-duty cyclonic air filter is included with all engine options.
- Upgraded 200 ft.-lb. clutch offers added durability, as well as commonality across the Vantage line.
- Cutting height can be adjusted from 1.0-inch (25.4mm), to 5.0-inches (127mm) in .25-inch (6.4mm) increments, from the operator position.
The X-Series is the premier series in Exmark’s innovative Vantage family of stand-on riding mowers. To learn more about the entire Vantage line, visit Exmark.com, or call (402) 223-6300.