As the world's largest producer of outdoor power equipment, Husqvarna strives to offer new and improved ways to make the outdoors great - which means continually innovating and expanding its extensive product line, making life easier for do-it-yourself (DIY) consumers and commercial users alike.
This month, at Green Industry and Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO), Husqvarna will display numerous new and upgraded products - including a push-button ignition switch for riding mowers, new models in its All-Wheel Drive walk mower line, and an extensive range of new battery-powered products.
SmartSwitch by Husqvarna brings the convenience of one-touch starting, real-time feedback and "key-less" security to its line of riding mowers.
"In developing SmartSwitch, we really listened to our loyal customers, who were eager for intelligent feedback, easier starting procedures, and increased security from their Husqvarna riding mowers," said Sean Dwyer, Husqvarna. "It is truly a revolutionary advancement in riding mower technology and it sets the stage for the future."
SmartSwitch is a microprocessor enabled electronic interface designed for use with Husqvarna's exclusive Endurance Series engines featuring ReadyStart automatic choke systems. The feature will be available on select RZ series Zero Turn Mowers and GT series garden tractors initially.
Key features include:
- Key-less operation - Along with the convenience of one touch starting, it also eliminates potential for lost keys or dead batteries when keys are left on (since the system automatically shuts down after a period of inactivity).
- One-Touch Headlights that can also be programmed to shut off at pre-set times.
- Safer Mowing in Reverse - One-touch activation allows mowing in reverse; and in case you forget, the system will shut off the cutting deck alone rather than the whole unit. A lit indicator clearly identifies status of the ROS (reverse operating system).
- System Monitoring - A button showing current battery status will inform the user if the battery is below acceptable level or if the charging system is not functioning. It can also give multi-color indication of the current battery charge level.
- Clear Feedback - The microprocessor controlled display indicates if the parking brake, cutting deck or steering levers need to be corrected prior to a start attempt.
Products featuring Husqvarna SmartSwitch will be available in February 2014.
New All-Wheel Drive Mower
Last fall, Husqvarna launched its All-Wheel Drive walk mower*, designed for uneven terrain and the toughest mowing conditions. This spring, Husqvarna is adding to that line with the launch of the HU675AWD model.
Powered by a 675 Kohler engine, the HU675AWD features the exclusive Husqvarna All-Wheel Drive System and high-traction wheels, with an aggressive tread pattern to provide traction and maneuverability. It also features a heavy-duty steel deck, a straight over mold bail system, a full autochoke and a mulch and bagging system.
For homeowners and commercial users seeking more environmentally-friendly outdoor power equipment, Husqvarna is adding to its line of battery-operated products. Each new product is equipped with a high-capacity Li-Ion 36 V battery that offers the performance of a gasoline powered engine with a cleaner and quieter experience; and also features SavE mode technology, which can be activated with the push of a button to lower output performance and increase battery life in less demanding situations (e.g., light grass trimming or small branch cutting).
Among the new products are:
- 536LiHD60X Hedge Trimmer
Delivering 100 minutes of run time, it features a pivoting rear handle to make it easier to cut the sides and tops of tall or low hedges; a professional-grade laser-cut 60 cm blade; and minimal noise and vibration levels in comparison to gas powered products.
Three new high-performance trimmers - the curved 136LiL; the straight loop 536LiL; and the straight bullhorn 536LiR - provide excellent ergonomics and balance for efficient, non-exhausting performance. Each provides stepless electronic speed control, with the latter two models featuring a brushless motor and rotation direction change for professional use.
Three new chainsaws provide high-quality performance for all levels of use. The low-weight 436Li is quiet and easy to operate; while the 536LiXP and T536LiXP (for arborists) are low maintenance models that deliver powerful performance.
These new battery-operated products are among Husqvarna's many product line offerings that provide new options to help complete projects more efficiently.
Husqvarna will display many of its latest products October 23 - 25 at GIE+EXPO, booth #9094, at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville. Visit www.gie-expo.com for details.