Last month, the U.S. Department of Labor confirmed they are moving forward with the revised minimum wage, overtime and exemption rules. This has caused a lot of confusion in dealerships about who is affected by the rules and what businesses need to do to comply.
Six regional equipment dealer associations are hosting a free 1-hour webinar for dealers to outline the changes and provide an opportunity for you to ask questions. The presenter is John Neyens, of Seigfreid Bingham, a nationwide lecturer on employment law, health care law and business law topics concerning small and large businesses, and author of numerous articles on employment law and business law issues for trade associations.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
1. Overview of the Current Federal Minimum Wage and Overtime Pay Rules
- Basic Wage and Hour Requirements of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Minimum Wage, Overtime and Recordkeeping
- Exemptions from Overtime Requirements for Certain Equipment Dealership Employees
- The "White Collar" Exemptions for Certain Salaried Employees
2. Key Provisions of the New Rules Effective Dec. 1, 2016
3. What Rules Have Not Changed
4. The Risk of Not Following the Rules and How to Avoid Liability
5. Question and Answer (Q&A) Session
This free webinar will take place on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 3 p.m. CDT. Dealers can register here to secure a place at the webinar. You’ll receive a confirmation with connection information.