LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Honda Power Equipment is expanding its lineup of commercial lawn mowers with an all-new self-propelled model that features superior performance and reliability combined with reduced cost and weight, the Honda HRC216K3HDA. With the addition of this model to its lineup, Honda now offers three HRC models geared to the commercial lawn and garden market. The new HRC216K3HDA fits between the current HRC models, the self-propelled HRC216K3HXA and the push model HRC216K3PDA.
“This new Honda self-propelled commercial mower expands the popular Honda HRC product line from two models to three, offering more choices of premium, reliable Honda lawn mowers to the professional landscape market,” says Michael Rudolph, vice president, Honda Power Equipment Division. “With reduced weight for better maneuverability, rugged, durable construction, and lower upfront costs, the new Honda HRC216K3HDA commercial mower is a smart choice for lawn and landscape professionals.”
The new Honda HRC216K3HDA lawn mower is designed for simple starting, easy operation and quick stopping:
- Easy start, easy stop: The new model allows the user to save time by starting the engine while standing behind the mower and the flywheel brake safety system stops the engine and blades when the user lets go of the brake lever on the handle.
- Commercial grade power: The fuel efficient Honda GXV160 commercial engine is the source of powerful, quiet operation with superior noise control for operator comfort. At the same time, the precision speed control of the Honda GXV160 engine saves time by maintaining consistent speed across all mowing conditions. The mower’s hydrostatic transmission includes a heavy-duty automotive style shaft drive that eliminates the belt that can slip or wear out.
- Superior cutting performance: The exclusive Honda MicroCut Twin Blade System offers four cutting surfaces to produce finer clippings, and the mower can be adjusted to eight different heights suitable to all types of grass and mowing conditions.
- Commercial grade design: The outside of the Honda HRC216K3HDA features a 21-inch steel deck with front axle and bumper protection for additional structural stability and durability. Completing the package are ergonomic heavy-duty steel piped reinforced handles designed for strength and operator comfort.
- Lightweight maneuverability: The dry weight of 117 pounds and operating weight of 121 pounds make the HRC216K3HDA easy to maneuver.
- Commercial warranty: The mower is backed by the Honda 1-year commercial warranty (1 year for the frame, 2 years for the engine) and a 2-year warranty for homeowners.
With the launch of the new HRC216K3HDA, the Honda HRC Commercial Series now offers three models, including the self-propelled, hydrostatic drive HRC216HXA and push-type HRC216PDA. All three models are powered by the Honda GXV160, the world-renowned, easy-starting engine that delivers smooth, quiet, reliable four-stroke power and low emission levels. All three models also offer innovative features and durability for the professional landscaper. The legendary performance of the HRC Series is enhanced by a number of standard features and benefits:
- Dome-shaped deck design that facilitates both bagging and mulching
- Standard configuration of two-in-one mulch/bag, with a 2.5 bushel bag capacity
- Offset MicroCut Twin Blade System that delivers finer clippings
- Hydrostatic Cruise Control Shaft Drive transmission for increased durability. (HXA and HDA models only; the PDA is a push-type model)
- Front guard provides lawn mower deck and engine protection; also allows for convenient transport tie down
- Durable, lightweight NeXite wheels with precision-sealed ball bearings
- Cast-aluminum valve cover for optimum protection in commercial environments (PDA model only)
All Honda lawn mowers offer the same exceptional level of quality, performance and reliability as every product that carries the Honda name. The heart of every Honda lawn mower is a world-renowned, easy-starting engine that delivers smooth, quiet, reliable four-stroke power and low emission levels.