BOUCHERVILLE, Quebec — Lowe’s Canada recently opened its second store under the new model of Lowe’s stores in Canada, which offers an enhanced shopping experience, according to a story post on EPR Retail News. The store, located at 850 Langford Parkway, was converted from the former RONA Home and Garden. It was designed by taking the best of Lowe’s and RONA’s offering to create the new model of Lowe’s stores. The first converted store was in Edmonton North, Alberta.
“As we are actively pursuing the evolution of Lowe’s Big Box in Canada, we are happy to offer the Langford community a new shopping experience by taking the best of what both Lowe’s and RONA banners have to offer to create a new Lowe’s Big Box model,” says Guy Beaumier, Interim Executive Vice President, Lowe’s Canada Big Box Retail. “We spared no efforts in order to provide our customers enhanced offers in product, pricing, services and financing, including new features for our Contractor clientele.”
The store underwent an extensive 16-week physical transformation from the former RONA which involved construction, departmental sequencing of new racking and re-merchandising, branding and IT conversion, as well as a significant investment in our people with extensive training that is focused on new product knowledge and customer service.
The new Langford Lowe’s will offer an enhanced retail experience including:
- The introduction of entirely new product categories including appliances, Lowe’s private labels, and top brands such as John Deere, Husqvarna, and Cub Cadet.
- A broader selection of Fashion plumbing products such as tubs, showers, toilets, vanities, sinks and faucets with the introduction of high profile brands such as Kohler and Grohe.
- Floor displays featuring the latest fashions in wood flooring and tiles with larger displays allowing customers to better visualize their projects and better experience the texture of flooring products.
- Access to more than 100,000 products on www.lowes.ca.
The new Langford location marks an enhanced shopping experience for commercial customers, including:
- The introduction of the Contractor Rewards Program (i.e. loyalty and pricing program)
- Access to a drive through lumber yard where contractors can load their vehicles directly to save time, as well as have access to a broader lumber assortment.
- Introduction of corporately owned and operated delivery truck to provide a more personalized level of service for deliveries to contractors.
- Enhanced assortment in key contractor categories including lumber, building materials, millwork, tools, hardware, etc