LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Makita recently introduced 10 new models of outdoor power equipment and is expanding line of OPE accessories.
“Makita is focused on the next generation of cordless innovation,” said Romique Talton, Senior Product Manager, Makita U.S.A. “Makita has the products and the power management solutions that will allow users to replace their gas products for trimming, cutting and clean-ups.”
Makita has a deep engineering legacy that is driving its leading innovation in cordless outdoor power equipment, with numbers that are unmatched in the industry:
- 100+ Years of Motor Engineering: Makita was founded in 1915
- 90+ Years in Gas Chain Saws and Equipment: Makita and chain saw pioneer Dolmar are fully integrated
- 40+ Years of Cordless Innovation: Makita created its first cordless tool in 1978. Today Makita LXT has over 225 products and is the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion batteries.
Makita recently launched two 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless Top Handle Chain Saws (XCU08 and XCU09), which are ideal for pruning and trimming.
LXT Cordless: More Solutions from the Cordless Experts
Makita Cordless Outdoor Equipment — including blowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, lawn mowers, chain saws, and more — gives users commercial-duty performance without the noise, emissions, maintenance, and expense of gas-powered equipment. Makita’s fast-charging LXT lithium-ion batteries, Rapid Optimum Chargers, industry-leading brushless motors, and Star Protection Computer Controls work together to create the LXT Advantage.
Makita has the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries — and the system includes a growing range of 18V X2 LXT (36V) tools and power equipment powered by two 18V lithium-ion batteries. Makita engineers combine efficient purpose-built brushless motors, jobsite-proven battery technology, and purpose-built controllers that allow the battery and motor to communicate and work together. The result is optimum cordless performance and un-matched system compatibility.
Makita has a full line of 18V LXT and 18V X2 LXT (36V) cordless power equipment as well as ten brand new products:
NEW Cordless Lawn Mowers: Makita is announcing three new cordless lawn mowers, and each model features a commercial-grade steel deck and 4-bay battery system (holds (4) 18V LXT batteries) for extended run time.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 21” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (XML08): Self-propelled with a full 21” cutting diameter.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 21” Lawn Mower (XML07): A full 21” cutting diameter.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 18” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (XML06): Self-propelled with a full 18” cutting diameter.
- NEW Cordless Shafted Products: Makita is announcing a new cordless string trimmer, pole saw and two hedge trimmers. Each delivers commercial-duty performance without the noise, emissions and maintenance of gas.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless String Trimmer (XRU18): 17” cutting capacity with the power equivalent of a 30cc gas-powered string trimmer.
- 18V LXT Brushless 20” Articulating Pole Hedge Trimmer (XNU01): Six blade angle settings and 4,400 SPM for faster cutting.
- 18V LXT Brushless 24” Pole Hedge Trimmer (XNU02): 24” double-sided shear blade and 4,400 SPM for faster cutting.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 10” Telescoping Pole Saw (XAU02): Power equivalent of a 30cc gas-powered pole saw, with a telescoping shaft for extended reach.
NEW Chain Saw and Blowers: Makita has the largest cordless chain saw system in the industry, and the line is expanding with one new model announced at GIE. Makita is also adding two new cordless blowers for efficient clean-ups.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 14” Top Handle Chain Saw (XCU08): Delivers the power equivalent of a 30cc gas-powered string trimmer. Ideal for tree care and arborists.
- 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless Blower (XBU04): A 3-in-1 solution with blowing, vacuum and mulching settings. Delivers up to 473 CFM and 120 MPH air velocity.
- 18V LXT Brushless Blower (XBU03): The lightest and most powerful blower in its class, with 459 CFM and 116 MPH for superior power-to-weight ratio.
NEW LXT and LXT X2 Portable Backpack Power Supply (PDC01): Makita’s backpack battery pack is engineered for more run time and less downtime. The PDC01 can use four 18V LXT batteries, with an adaptor for 18V and 18V power equipment. Users get up to 4-times the run time for increased cordless efficiency. The batteries can be easily removed for charging and replaced with freshly charged LXT batteries — this is a key point of difference as competitor backpack power supplies do not have removable batteries.
MM4 4-Stroke: No Fuel Mixing and Faster Starts
Engine seizure due to improper fuel and oil mixing is one of the most common failures of 2-stroke power equipment. Makita MM4 4-stroke engine power equipment is a better solution with no fuel mixing required. The Makita MM4 4-stroke multi-position engine enables the engine to be inclined at any angle for continuous operation. In addition, the automatic engine decompression reduces pull start force by 40% for faster, easier starts, and MM4 users benefit with lower noise, reduced emissions, and the added durability of a commercial-grade 3-ring piston.
The MM4 4-Stroke Engine line includes backpack and handheld blowers, a backpack mist blower, concrete power cutters, string trimmers, brush trimmers, hedge trimmers, edgers, telescoping pole pruners and couple shafted (spilt boom) products.
2-Stroke Professional Chain Saws: “Starts Easy, Works Hard”
The integration of Makita and Dolmar power equipment continues to expand the range of Makita-branded chain saws for professional, farm and ranch, and standard use, as well as for the construction professional. Makita 2-Stroke outdoor power equipment offers fast starts, reduced weight, and compact designs, with a range of convenience features including heated handle, Easy Starting System for faster starts, heavy duty filters, and more. Makita chain saws feature a “warm red” trade dress that is strongly preferred on landscaping and forestry job sites.