LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Equip Exposition, the international landscape, outdoor living, and equipment exposition, has announced expanded tradeshow hours and new attendee experiences for its Oct. 18-21, 2022, tradeshow.
New for 2022, Equip Exposition (formerly known as GIE+EXPO) will kick off Tuesday evening, with a welcome reception for all attendees at Louisville Slugger Field. The Expo will open earlier Wednesday – at 9 a.m. for dealers and 12 noon for contractors – as well as feature a TurfMutt Foundation 5K at the Louisville Downtown riverfront and across the Ohio River pedestrian bridge, and close Friday with a networking breakfast and keynote.
“We’re excited to provide new and enhanced experiences for attendees and exhibitors in 2022,” said Kris Kiser, President of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI), which owns and manages Equip Exposition. “This show is the industry’s family reunion, and events like our Welcome Reception, Mulligan’s 5K, and new networking breakfast Friday all bring attendees together to connect.”
More new programming at the 2022 event will include: \
- The Equip Exposition experience kicks off Tuesday, Oct. 18, with the show’s first-ever Welcome Reception, hosted at Louisville Slugger Field in downtown Louisville. All attendees are welcome for food and fireworks from 6:30-9 p.m.
- The tradeshow will open earlier for attendees Wednesday, starting for dealers at 9 a.m. and landscape contractors at 12 noon.
- Mulligan’s 5k Run and Walk, sponsored by Ariens Co. and the TurfMutt Foundation and benefiting the Kentucky Humane Society, steps off Wednesday 7 a.m. and takes participants across the Ohio River on the city’s Big Four pedestrian bridge.
- The show’s premium concert event featuring country star Trace Adkins moves to Thursday evening at Fourth Street Live!
- Equip Expo keynote speaker golf and television personality David Feherty shifts to 11 a.m. at the Kentucky Exposition Center
- All show attendees are welcome to connect with colleagues at the KEC Friday morning for a networking breakfast and closing keynote address from National Geographic’s Photo Ark creator Joel Sartore.
The tradeshow (formerly known as GIE+EXPO) recently wrapped its 2021 event with significant increases in attendance from the 2019 show, bringing together nearly 24,000 total attendees. With the conclusion of the 2021 event, OPEI announced full ownership of the tradeshow and the rebrand to Equip Exposition.
Look for updated landscape contractor education, as well as irrigation and tree care classes at the Kentucky Exposition Center at the 2022 show. Hardscape North America will again co-locate with Equip Exposition in 2022.
“As we take on full ownership and management of the show, we brought over many of the longtime staff to continue the successful management of the industry’s largest event,” Kiser said. “We also are integrating the show’s operations into the association’s structure to provide more value for members and the industry.”