March 10, 2012 — The newest trailer from Thunder Creek Equipment was unveiled last month at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, KY and the World Ag Expo in Tulare, CA. The 990 Gallon Service Special, dubbed the “990SS”, joins the company’s line-up of rugged fuel and service trailers.
When it comes to maintaining equipment in the field, this trailer pushes the limits of what’s been possible in the past. With 990 gallons of fuel carrying capacity and a cumulative 64 cubic feet of storage space for tools and parts, the 990SS competes directly against service trucks as a complete field service solution. More cost competitive than a loaded service truck, the trailer also benefits from more diesel fuel hauling capacity and can be augmented with an ISO compliant Diesel Exhaust Fluid tank and pumping system.
“With a GVWR of 18,000 lbs., it was necessary to beef up the structure of the trailer to ensure it has the strength and durability that our customers have come to expect, while maintaining the customer’s ability to pull the trailer behind their existing truck” says Luke Van Wyk, General Manager of Thunder Creek Equipment.
The trailer rides on an 8” C-channel chassis with three 6,000 lb. torsion axles and comes with either a gooseneck or bumper hitch design. In addition to the 990 gallon fuel tank, the trailer features:
- A front toolbox to house the pumping systems,
- A driver side tool cabinet that can be equipped with a factory-installed six drawer tool chest,
- A passenger side tool cabinet with one shelf, and
- A rear utility box that can be left open or customized with one of several factory-installed options, including a new welder / air compressor / generator combination.
- An optional 100 gallon DEF tank and Thunder Creek Equipment’s patent-pending 2-in-1 DEF pumping system.
“We’re excited about the direction our product development is going,” said Van Wyk. “We are getting ever closer to that goal of putting a hitch on your shop and taking it right out to the field with you.”
Learn more about the 990SS, and all of the Thunder Creek Equipment fuel and service trailers, by calling 866-535-7667 or by visiting www.ThunderCreekEquipment.com.