MILWAUKEE, May 3, 2012 — Help is on the way for homeowners looking to tackle their outdoor cleaning projects this spring. Two new Husqvarna pressure washers, manufactured by Briggs & Stratton Corporation, will make it much easier for homeowners to clean driveways, patio decks, windows and siding, as well as completing other difficult outdoor cleaning tasks.
To better understand consumer needs, Briggs & Stratton conducted extensive market research with over 400 consumers. The study revealed that homeowners are seeking a pressure washer that is easier to maneuver and will have longer run time before the product requires refueling. Briggs & Stratton has addressed these needs with the introduction of the new Husqvarna pressure washers.
"Consumers seeking an easy-to-maneuver pressure washer will be delighted with the Husqvarna models' 4-wheel design and 3-position fold-down handle. With an extra-large 3-gallon fuel tank, homeowners can run the product, depending on the model, for between five and seven hours of time before refueling the product," said Eric Loferski, director of marketing for Briggs & Stratton. The new lineup includes a 3100 Pounds/Per Square Inch (PSI), 2.8 gallons per minute (GPM) model and a 3300 PSI, 3.2 GPM model.1 Both models feature:
- Nearly 4 Times More Run Time2 - Extra large 3-gallon remote fuel tank provides exceptional run time for less down time while refueling.
- Mobile, Easier-Turning Design - Innovative 4-wheel design improves mobility and allows for easier turning.
- Easy-to-Maneuver 3-Position Fold-down Handle - Convenient handle design enables the user to "pull" or "push" the unit for increased ease in maneuverability and the handle's fold-down capability allows for convenient storage.
- Reliable, Easy-to-Start Briggs & Stratton OHV Engines - Briggs & Stratton OHV engines run cool and deliver more power with reduced sound levels. The 3100 PSI model features the Briggs & Stratton 900 Series while the 3300 PSI model features the Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series.
- Easy Access Hose Connections and & On-Board Tip Storage - Intuitive design allows for easier set up and storage of the unit.
The 3300 PSI model also features key switch-style electric start that makes starting easy and hassle free with no cords to pull and a heavy-duty triplex pump with adjustable pressure regulator that allows for multiple pressure settings for a wider range of cleaning jobs.
Both Husqvarna pressure washer models are available exclusively at select Lowe's stores in the United States and online at Lowes.com. Husqvarna pressure washers are manufactured exclusively by Briggs & Stratton under license from the Husqvarna Group.
1 Both models tested according to Pressure Washer Manufacturer's Association (PWMA) testing procedure PWMA 101 and achieved a maximum PSI rating utilizing a 0 degree nozzle tip and maximum flow (or GPM) rating using a 40 degree nozzle tip.
2 In Briggs & Stratton tests, the Husqvarna 3100 PSI pressure washer model ran 3.75 times longer than a comparable Briggs & Stratton® pressure washer powered by a 900 Series horizontal shaft engine. The Husqvarna® 3300 PSI pressure washer model ran 3.75 times longer than a comparable Briggs & Stratton® pressure washer powered by a 1150 Series horizontal shaft engine.