Toro is pleased to announce that the Aqua-Clear fiberglass sand media filter product line is now available in a complete automated system, for flows ranging from 50 to 400 gallons per minute. Aqua-Clear filters are corrosion-resistant, designed for drip irrigation systems operating up to 75 psi, and are available in 18-, 24-, 30- and 36-inch systems. Some of the new features include:
- AC and DC options to automate filter backwash on any site;
- Automated systems complete with all valves, controller and hydraulic connections;
- English and Spanish language–detailed and illustrated operation manual;
- Double-chamber backwash valve for reliable, low–head loss operation;
- Solid-state controller backwashes on both time and pressure differential; and
- Expansion modules for simple addition of a single filter to an existing system.
"Aqua-Clear filters have gained popularity due to their lightweight and noncorrosive construction," says Fred Harned, senior product manager for Toro's micro-irrigation business. "This makes them a great fit for growers with approximately 2 to 20 acres who want to have a professional and durable filtration solution for open-water sources. Now with the fully automated version, Aqua-Clear filters will largely manage themselves, giving growers more time to manage or perform other duties."
About The Toro Co.
The Toro Co. (NYSE:TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative turf, landscape, rental and construction equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. With sales of more than $2 billion in fiscal 2013, Toro’s global presence extends to more than 90 countries through strong relationships built on integrity and trust, constant innovation and a commitment to helping customers enrich the beauty, productivity and sustainability of the land. Since 1914, the company has built a tradition of excellence around a number of strong brands to help customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties and agricultural fields. More information is available at www.toro.com.