VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Stihl Inc. announces its BGA 100 handheld blower and its professional FSA 90R trimmer as the newest additions to its KombiSystem, which uses lithium-ion battery technology.
The blower’s axial turbine fan not only delivers more blowing forcethan many other battery products on the market, but performs better than many gasoline-powered models. And because the unit requires no fuel or oil, and has minimal maintenance, operating costs are reduced. It is designed for the professional landscaper and homeowner.
Instead of an on-board battery, the BGA 100 uses a Stihl battery belt or AR backpack battery. This unique feature aids in reducing the unit weight which reduces operator fatigue. Other features include:
A variable speed throttle trigger that delivers four performance levels:
- Three working performance levels. The low/medium/high multi-level power levels allow operators to use only the power they need, getting the work done with run times up to five hours with the AR 900.
- Boost mode activates the highest power, generating air speeds of up to 140 mph and a blowing force up to 10 Newtons (N) with the squeeze of the trigger, which is ideal for tough tasks where maximum power is needed for a short period.
- Its rear-mounted air intake allows the blower to be used right- or left-handed
Available with optional accessories like the onboard harness mounting loops that allows users to configure the contact pad and adapter that shifts the weight from arm to chest/shoulders to help reduce fatigue when operating over long periods of time.
FSA 90 R Trimmer
The professional FSA 90 Rtrimmer is quiet, yet powerful and works well for landscaping in noise-sensitive or exhaust emission sensitive areas like school grounds, business districts or hospitals. It also saves users time and money by eliminating the need for gasoline and two-cycle oil.
Professionals get the performance they need with the powerful brushless motor which delivers a high cutting speed and 15-inc cutting width. This allows users to complete jobs in a short amount of time. FSA 90 R comes standard with durable AutoCut 25-2 mowing head loaded with .095” Quiet Line.
The FSA 90 R starts instantly with the squeeze of a trigger. Its control handle features an ECOSPEED throttle set wheel, allowing users to set the most effective throttle speed for a specific application such as low throttle around delicate plants and can extend the amount of work done on a single charge. Additional easy-to-use features include:
- Ergonomic loop handle makes it comfortable to operate and easy to maneuver
- Low vibration reduces fatigue on long jobs
- Built-in hanging slot for easy storage
“This trimmer makes life much easier for professional landscapers,” said Marv Mathwig, Stihl Inc. product manager. “It’s portable, lightweight at only 11.2 lbs with the STIHL AP 180 Lithium-Ion battery, and there’s no motor or filter maintenance.”
One Battery for Many Tools
There are 14 tools in the Stihl Battery KombiSystem line. This system is designed so that a single Stihl lithium-Ion battery can be used with multiple tools and can tackle a wide range of outdoor projects.
The advanced lithium-ion technology eliminates exhaust emissions and dependence on fossil fuels.