OLATHE, Kan. — John Deere and Frontier Equipment have launched a new website, TipsNotebook.com, offering more than 45 articles and videos on how to tackle many property jobs and projects.
“Go to TipsNotebook.com and you’ll find the kind of how-to information customers are really looking for,” says Scott Geier, manager, sales/marketing, John Deere. “You’ll find instructions and product information on a range of topics including gravel drives, fence building, garden building, mowing, seeding, snow removal, water control, and much, much more.”
TipsNotebook.com grew out of conversations with customers about what information they really wanted when working with their equipment. Tips and ideas about ways to maintain and improve their property and get the most out of their equipment were clearly at the top of their list.
“There are other places that have this kind of information,” adds Geier. “But it’s scattered across dozens of websites and it’s hard to sort. At TipsNotebook.com, project tips and solutions developed by experts are centralized, trustworthy and easy-to-find. And, we’ll be adding new tips and advice regularly.”
Some tips are about seasonal chores and how to get them done a little better, a little faster, a little easier. Others are just general good advice on taking care of equipment and the land. Topics include:
- How to use a grooming mower
- How to plant a wildflower meadow
- How to maintain a gravel drive
- How to use a manure spreader
- How to aerate, fertilize, and over seed your lawn
- How to create a large vegetable garden with a one-bottom plow
- How to build a rail fence
- How to use a wood chipper
- How to renovate a pasture
- How to free a tractor stuck in the mud