MIAMI — The National Hispanic Landscape Alliance announces new additions to its board of directors following recent elections.
Rafael Gonzalez Arnau of GALA Services Inc. in Escondido, Calif., and Wilmer Ventura of Yellowstone Landscape in Atlanta were elected for the first time and Jose Arroyo of Jose’s Landscaping in Lyman, S.C., Domenic Chiarella of 7 of 7 Best Business & Life Strategies in Southbury Conn., and Ivan Giraldo of Clean Scapes Landscaping in Austin were elected to a second two-year term.
“The growth of the NHLA over the last 5 years can be largely credited to the passion that our directors have exhibited for the NHLA’s mission and the engagement of leading manufacturers that have joined our association as supporting members. None of our young association’s achievements would have been possible without the positive energy these leaders have brought forward,” says Ralph Egües, NHLA’s executive director. “Our newly elected leaders have an incredible amount of personal experience, skills, passion for our industry, and a keen desire to help their colleagues achieve greater successes as industry and community leaders.”
The NHLA board of directors include:
- President: Juan Torres, Next Step Solutions, East Haven, Conn.
- President-Elect: Pam Berrios, ALS Services Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- Immediate Past President: Raul Berrios, Rulyscapes Inc., Centreville, Va.
- Secretary: Jose Arroyo, Jose’s Landscaping, Lyman, S.C.
- Treasurer: Domenic Chiarella, 7 of 7 Best Business & Life Strategies, Southbury, Conn,
- Omar Cordero, LC Landscape, Denver, Colo.
- Rafael Diaz, Diaz Group LLC, Chicago
- Josh Denison, Denison Landscaping Inc., Fort Washington, Md.
- Ivan Giraldo, Clean Scapes Landscaping, Austin, Texas
- Mari Medrano Mejia, CoCal Landscape, Denver
- Rafael Gonzalez Arnau, GALA Services, Inc., Escondido, Calif.
- Wilmer Ventura, Yellowstone Landscape, Atlanta
- Ken Taylor, John Deere, Cary, N.C.
- William H. Walton, Honda Power Equipment, Alpharetta, Ga.
Executive Director: Ralph Egües, Cruz Fox LLC., South Miami, Fla. (ex-officio)
“As the NHLA’s president, I am proud of the accomplishments and contributions that our association has made, but I’m much more excited about our prospects for doing even more in the coming year and beyond. It is an honor to serve with such great professionals that are also incredibly caring individuals. I would also like to recognize the contribution of our supporting member companies to the NHLA which has greatly contributed to the professional development and success of Hispanics in our industry, helped to draw greater numbers of Hispanic Americans into the broader community of industry leaders, and enabled our association to successfully leverage Latino political power to advance industry positions,” says Juan Torres, NHLA president.
Briggs & Stratton, Cub Cadet, Echo, John Deere, Honda Engines, Hustler, Kawasaki, Kohler, Rotary, and Toro are supporting members of NHLA.