MILWAUKEE – Throughout its 109 year history, Briggs & Stratton has been committed to U.S. manufacturing. The multiple manufacturing and warehouse facilities in several states and regions across the U.S. have helped shape the industry. This year, the company announces several milestones.
- The Murray, Ky., engine plant produced its 85 millionth engine in June 2017 after opening in 1984.
- The Poplar Bluff, Mo., engine plant produced its 80 millionth engine in February 2017 after opening in 1989.
- The Statesboro, Ga. engine plant produced its 21 millionth engine in March 2017 after opening in 1995.
- The Auburn, Ala. engine plant produced its 18.5 millionth engines in April 2017 after opening in 1995.
- The Milwaukee, Wis. plant, which produces both engine components and end products, produced its 1 millionth pressure washer in November 2016 after starting pressure washer production in 2014.
"We're honored to be celebrating so many great milestones and to be a part of America's history," says Rick Carpenter, vice president of corporate marketing. "More and more, we are extending this legacy to help professionals get the job done with commercial products and engines. Around the country, thousands of businesses rely on Briggs & Stratton products to get the job done."
The four U.S. based Briggs & Stratton engine plants have produced more than 200 million engines since their openings.