LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Dealers looking for ways to improve efficiency and profitability will find compelling content, technician training, a motivational keynote and networking at GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo). Many of the sessions are free to dealers with the $15 tradeshow admission. The show is set for Oct. 17-19 at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Wednesday is Dealer Day. The 2018 Dealer Day education will include:
- Two sessions in the People, Process, Profit: Dealer Boot Camp led by Bob Clements and his team
- UTV University with proven powersports dealer training specialists
- Technician training on advanced and basic tracks
- A kick-off keynote featuring noted explorer Dr. Robert Ballard
In addition to the education opportunities, which will run throughout the day, dealers will have access to the indoor show floor earlier than in the past. It will open exclusively for dealers, retailers and the media at Noon on Wednesday.
Then, beginning at 3 p.m., the entire industry will be invited to visit the indoor exhibits and enjoy a welcome reception on the show floor from 5-7 p.m.. The Dealer Resource Center will be open 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
Thursday and Friday's dealer education schedule will include:
- Two additional Dealer Boot Camp sessions
- Seven dealer workshops presented by experts from the Bob Clements team, Equipment Dealers Association and United Equipment Dealers Association
On Thursday and Friday, the tradeshow and the adjacent 20+ acre Outdoor Demonstration Area will be open to all in the industry.
People, Process, Profit: Dealer Boot Camp - Included with Trade Show Registration
Bob Clements has developed a reputation as the dealership guru. He and his team have given countless dealers the tools they needed to achieve personal and financial freedom.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
8- 8:50 a.m.; Unleashing the Power of Your Employees
- Learn how to turn average employees into superstars. Bob Clements will discuss the 6 key motivators that drive every person and teach you how to build bonus and incentive programs that drive performance and improve attitudes. If you're ready to move your people to the next level, this is a must-attend workshop.
9- 9:50 a.m.; The New Future of Retailing
- A new wave of change is sweeping across the world of retail business and, as an owner, you must decide whether to ride it or be buried under it. Bob Clements will share his insight on the dramatic shifts that are already underway and the fundamental changes that will help you take full advantage of the new future of retailing.
Thursday, Oct. 18
8-8:50 a.m.; Are your Marketing Dollars Producing Sales?
- It is critical to know your marketing numbers - the actual cost of bringing a new customer into your dealership and how much you have to spend to entice existing customers to re-buy. Sara Hey will help you determine your customer acquisition costs and what a well-rounded marketing budget should look like for a dealership.
9-9:50 a.m.; The Service Department of the Future
- In 10 years, what types of equipment will be coming into your shop for repair? Tools, training, set-up and processes must be adjusted as manufacturers add new technology to their lines. Bob Clements will look ahead to 2028. Discover the changes your service department might expect to see and what you can do now to prepare your team.
Dealer Day Kick-Off Keynote Featuring Dr. Robert Ballard - Included with Trade Show Registration
Wednesday, Oct. 17
10:30 a.m.-noon; Science, Exploration and the Miracles of Human Achievement
- In this gripping presentation, Dr. Robert Ballard will share his stories of exploration, environmental discovery and leadership. With a passion for the last great uncharted territory and a practical approach to team building and execution, Dr. Ballard will entertain and motivate as he discusses his discoveries and adventures, including the 1985 discovery of the Titanic wreckage. You'll walk away inspired to think outside the box and take risks to achieve your long-term goals. Free with trade show admission, the keynote is sponsored by STIHL Inc. and BOB-CAT Mowers.
Dealer Workshops - Included with Trade Show Registration
The Dealer Resource Center will be the location of the dealer workshops. These sessions will be presented by experts from the Bob Clements International team, Equipment Dealers Association and United Equipment Dealers Association.
Thursday, Oct. 18
10-10:50 a.m.; Dealership Succession Planning; Rex Collins, HBK Dealership Industry Group
- A sound dealership succession plan addresses a long list of issues - financial and otherwise. From retirement income to tax issues to transitioning management, there's a lot to know. Rex Collins will address these issues and more while helping you identify and prioritize your goals.
11-11:50 a.m.; The Dos and Don'ts of Digital Marketing; Colleen Malloy, ARI Network Services, Director of Marketing
- Want more leads for less money? Join Colleen Malloy to learn how your website, email and paid ads can help you reach a wide audience for less money than traditional marketing methods. With more than a decade of experience in the powersports industry, she is director of marketing for ARI, the creator of award-winning software solutions that help equipment manufacturers, distributors and dealers Sell More Stuff!
1-1:50 p.m.; Tax Topics; Rex Collins, HBK Dealership Industry Group
- The most significant tax legislation since the Reagan administration becomes effective this year. How will this impact you and your dealership and what proactive tax planning can you still implement to reduce taxes and increase cash flow for 2018 and beyond? Rex Collins will explore these and other developing topics that are going to impact your business.
2-2:50 p.m.; 2019 Google & Marketing Trends; Brock Dugger, National Account Executive for TeamSI
- Believe it or not, just a few years ago, the "customer journey" didn't even register among marketers. Data has changed the marketing world and as technology advances, so will your marketing. As marketers, we have the assets to identify customer intent at all touch points along the journey. It's critical to have insight into what matters to people before you engage with them. Brock Dugger will discuss 2019 Google and marketing trends you should be taking advantage of.
3-3:50 p.m.; The Sales Department of the Future; Sara Hey, Bob Clements International
- What is the future of the sales department? Will you need as many salespeople as today? How will the customer purchasing process change? Join Sara Hey to explore what your sales department might look like in the next 5 to 10 years and what you can start doing now to prepare for the change.
Friday, Oct. 19
8-8:50 a.m.; Looking to the Future: Business Management Software Panel Discussion; Moderator: Sara Hey
- One of the most expensive things a dealership invests in, outside of its people, is a business management system. In this session, you'll hear from some of the industry's leading software companies as they anticipate changes. Plus, learn the questions you should be asking in order to make informed decisions about software that will move your dealership forward.
9-9:50 a.m.; The Parts Department of the Future; Bob Clements
- In this age of convenience, automation and overnight delivery, customer expectations may be changing, but a well-run parts department remains an integral and profitable component of every dealership. Learn the steps you can take to ensure you have a profitable parts department in the coming decade.
UTV University - Included with Trade Show Registration
Back for a third year, the UTV University will feature proven powersports dealer training specialists. It is designed for dealers currently selling UTVs as well as those considering adding them to their lineup.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
3-3:55 p.m.; UTVs and the Massive Missed Opportunity; Steve Shankin, President and Owner of Seizmik
- Utility vehicles are leading the growth in the powersports and outdoor power equipment industry. Steve Shankin gets this better than pretty much anyone, and he has invested his business and resources to being a leader in this space. He will share strategies for rethinking how your team sells to UTV customers backed by a significant amount of data to support his strategies.
4-4:55 p.m.; Learn How to Effectively Target the 8 Utility Vehicle (UTV) Professional Verticals; JW Washington, Director Business Development, Ariens
- JW Washington will discuss how to effectively target the 8 Utility Vehicle (UTV) professional verticals and drive incremental sales via the Landscape Professional and Governmental segments.
5-5:55 p.m.; Turning UTV Prospects into Buyers - How to Fix the Simple Things to Get Better Results; Mike Smith, President and CEO, Odes Industries
- What does it take to get the drive-by customer to not only know that he or she just drove past your dealership, but to get that same customer to enter your store and leave with a UTV purchase that suits their needs? Mike Smith will examine the small details that every dealership can capitalize on in order to increase traffic.
Tech Training & Certification
Tech training is offered through the Equipment & Engine Training Council (EETC).
Wednesday, Oct. 17
- 2-Hour Tech Training Sessions - $30 each - will begin at 7:30 AM, 10:00 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Courses offered include: Hydraulics 101, Electrical 101, Extremely Fast Blade Grinding and Make Gas Great Again: Ethanol Fact and Fiction
- 3-Hour Tech Training Sessions - $45 each - will begin at 8 a.m. and noon
- Courses offered include: Electrical Troubleshooting, Hydrostatic Transmissions, Advanced 2-Stroke Engine Failure Analysis and OPE Electrical Systems Training
For more Information
GIE+EXPO's 2018 dates are Wednesday, Oct. 17-19. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).