Nominations are now coming in for our 2016 Dealership of the Year. Have you submitted your dealership’s nomination yet? If not, here are four excuses you may have for not nominating your dealership — as well as reasons why those excuses are bogus.
1. I don’t have the time.
For the nomination, we just need to know your contact information and a few notes about what you’re doing to be a well-managed, successful dealership.
Don’t wait for someone else to nominate you. You know best what makes your dealership great.
2. Only big dealerships receive the Dealership of the Year award. They’ll never recognize a dealership of my size.
Not true. For the last 2 years, single-store dealerships have been recognized with the award and there is no revenue requirement. The award is based on points assigned by our panel of judges to certain criteria, along with evaluation of things like training, succession plans and community involvement. You earn your own points, regardless of size, brands, etc.
3. I don’t want to share confidential financial information.
The second stage of the process does ask for financial information. The information is standard business data, so shouldn’t require much extra time to gather. The data is held confidential during the evaluation process. If you are selected as the Dealership of the Year, you review and approve any information before it is published.
4. It’s not worth it.
Here are two arguments for why that is not true.
- First, you most likely closed out a really good year, so this is the year to celebrate your accomplishments. Looking at metrics for compact tractors, for instance, the latest figures from the Assn. of Equipment Manufacturers shows North American sales of compact tractors (2WD, under 40 horsepower) were up 7.5% in December compared with December 2014 and up 6% in 2015 compared with 2014. And, the responses to our 2016 Dealer Business Trends & Outlook Report shows that the vast majority of you think this year will be as good as or better than last year — with 2015 being a very good year.
Second, the 2016 Dealership of the Year will be recognized during Rural Lifestyle Dealer’s 10th anniversary. To mark our anniversary, nationally recognized dealership management consultant Bob Clements of Bob Clements Intl. is offering a special consultation package for this year’s recipient. The consultation package will include:
- One-day, on-site diagnostic visit
- Year-long membership in a Dealer Success Group
- Go here to view more details.
Don’t miss this opportunity to recognize your dealership and your team. The recipient benefits from a comprehensive profile in the magazine and a special media campaign, which shows off your dealership nationally and locally.
The deadline is March 10. Take just a few minutes and nominate your dealership today.