Husqvarna Group is adding depth to its line of lawn and garden equipment by launching new zero-turn mowers, high-wheel all-wheel drive (AWD) lawnmowers, an innovative log splitter, and high-quality accessories.
New Zero Turn Mowers
Borrowing from its successful RZ platform, Husqvarna now offers the new Z200 series of residential zero turn mowers – with improved ergonomics, functionality, refinement and deck options added to Husqvarna’s tried-and-true mowing performance and durability.
Among the many Z200 features that bring easy and efficient residential zero turn mowing to the next level are:
- Open-design chassis, with removable foot plate to reduce debris build-up and improve service access
- New fabricated deck as a 2-blade, 10-gauge option, offering the cut quality and performance of a stamped deck with the durability and structure of a fabricated deck
- Variety of deck sizes – 46” and 54” reinforced stamped; and 42” and 48” fabricated deck
- Aesthetically-pleasing design, featuring refined consoles, control panel, rear bumper, engine guard and side panels
- Spring-assisted deck lift, located in the left console for easier accessibility
- Patent-pending automatic mechanical brake system, which applies both wheel brakes with a single lever movement
- Powerful LED headlight, placed in an optimal position for use in dark conditions (on select models; optional on others)
- SmartSwitchtechnology, an innovative operator interface offering one-touch starting, real-time feedback and keyless security (on select models)
The Z200 models –Z242F, Z248F, Z246, Z246i, Z254 and Z254i – will be available in January 2015. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) ranges from $2,699 to $3,499.
New High Wheel AWD Lawnmower Models
A longtime leader in AWD lawnmowers that are designed to handle hills, thick grass and tough terrain, Husqvarna is rounding out its extensive line with two new, high-performance models – the HU725AWDH and the HU800AWDH.
Each features an ergonomically designed Ergo-Handle; 11” rear wheels for easy maneuverability and superior traction; and a 22” heavy-duty steel cutting deck. The HU800AWDH has Quick Pin functionality, with a pull-pin handle for intuitive control and labeled cut height for easy reference.
The HU725AWDH, powered by a Briggs & Stratton 725exi engine, has an MSRP of $399.95; and the HU800AWDH, powered by a Honda GCV190 engine, has an MSRP of $499.95. They will be available in January 2015.
New Log Splitter
Husqvarna is launching its first log splitter for the lawn and garden market, the S427. Designed for horizontal or vertical operation, it is driven by a Kohler XT single 173cc engine, with 7.75 ft-lbs of torque. It provides 27-ton splitting force, 25” log capacity, and can be towed with a 2” trailer hitch coupler at a maximum speed of 45 MPH. The S427 log splitter has an MSRP of $1,749.95, and will be available in January 2015.
To complement its outdoor power products, Husqvarna is offering an assortment of extremely durable special carbon steel axes, featuring:
- Drop forged precision ground blade, with angled geometry
- Anti-corrosive, special blade coating, for less friction and easy wood entry
- Bomb-proof axe head, forged and CNC-milled with over injected assembly
- Stainless steel riveted protection plate, for handling and shaft protection
- Soft grip handle
- Fiber-reinforced shaft, with non-slip end stops that enable anti-vibration, secure handling and less user fatigue
- Hammer function
The five-axe assortment includes a hatchet, two multi-purpose axes and two splitting axes. The MSRP ranges from $49.95 to $99.95, and the axes are available now.
Accessories: Protective Chaps & Gloves
Husqvarna has broadened its line of protective chaps and gloves to include Classic, Functional and Technical varieties that fit any user need.
The protective chaps are made of 600 or 1000 Denier Polyester with PVC Coating, with TEK WARP Protective Layers. They offer felling wedge pockets, gear pockets (Technical gear only) and other convenient features. The MSRP ranges from $69.95 to $119.95, and the chaps are available now.
The protective gloves are designed for a wide range of uses and conditions, and come in high visibility colors. Materials include leather, goatskin, spandex, Velcro® and others, depending on the model. The MSRP ranges from $19.95 to $29.95, and the gloves are available now.