AUGUSTA, Ga. — Bad Boy announces its entry into the ATV market with the Onslaught 550 4x4, a mid-size 4-wheeler. The new Onslaught ATV features independent double A-arm front and rear suspension to enhance rider comfort as well as handling and maneuverability. An industry-leading 12 inches of ground clearance allows Onslaught to move over terrain freely and easily.
A liquid-cooled 503cc engine with electronic fuel injection (EFI) delivers all the 4x4 power needed for challenging off-road rides or chores. Electronic power steering (EPS) is available to further ease the vehicle’s handling.
Two models are offered: Onslaught 550 4x4 EFI and the Onslaught 550 4x4 EFI EPS with electronic power steering. Both models are available in black or olive green, with Realtree Xtra camouflage and premium wheels offered as factory-installed options on EPS-equipped vehicles.
“We introduced the Onslaught in response to market demand for an ATV in the Bad Boy line," said John Collins, vice president, consumer for Textron Specialized Vehicles, which markets Bad Boy off-road vehicles. “Onslaught offers comfort, control, power and styling for riders who simply want to do more in the outdoors. Whether it’s recreation or work, you can just bring it on and get after it with Onslaught.”
Other key features of the Onslaught include:
- Dual 60-watt halogen headlights with low- and high-beam options, and a center headlight provide the brightest lighting in Onslaught’s ATV class for extended hours for riding. Brake lights and taillights are standard.
- Hydraulic disc brakes for strong stopping power.
- Locking differential for increased traction.
- Front suspension has 8.7 inches of travel, and rear suspension has 9.4 inches of travel
- Standard front and rear cargo racks for gear and other necessities.
- Standard a-arm guard and skid plate underbody protection to avoid getting hung up on
- One-year warranty
Each Onslaught 550 4x4 model has digital instrumentation and electric start. Fuel capacity is 4.2 gallons; hitch towing rating is 1,225 pounds.