CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Husqvarna, a division of the world’s largest producer of outdoor power products and lawn care equipment, is introducing several new products designed to make lawn and garden care more productive and intuitive for homeowners.
Additions to the consumer lineup include bundles of 100 and 300 Series battery-powered handheld products, a redesigned zero-turn mower cutting deck and new laminated chainsaw bars.
“Husqvarna strives to meet the latest homeowner demand for powerful and efficient outdoor power equipment,” says Jeff Dewosky, vice president and general manager of Husqvarna North America. “We leverage cutting-edge technology and centuries of experience to deliver products that are both high quality and innovative.”
All-New 100 and 300 Series Battery Bundles for Consumers
Husqvarna is introducing new consumer battery products for 2017, including 100 Series and 300 Series products. These offerings provide the reduced noise levels, vibrations and emissions that are a staple of battery technology along with innovative features, such as instant-start technology. The consumer series products are available in bundles that include the BLi20 battery and QC80 charger to provide consumers with an affordable entry to battery-powered technology. The new consumer series models include:
- The 120i chainsaw (MSRP: $299.95; including battery and charger), featuring a 14-inch bar and a powerful BLDC motor, which provides a higher level of performance without compromising efficiency;
- The 115iL trimmer (MSRP: $269.95; including battery and charger), which has a 13- to 14-inch cutting width and a 2-millimeter dual line, perfect for precisely trimming lawn edges or small areas of tough grass;
- The 115iHD55 hedge trimmer (MSRP: $269.95; including battery and charger), which has a 22-inch blade and impressive speed at 3,000 cuts per minute, providing power and accuracy in one ergonomic machine; and
- The 320iB leaf blower (MSRP: $299.95; including battery and charger), which offers a blowing power of 412 CFM and an air speed of 103 mph. Its quiet operation makes the 320iB ideal for use at any time of day.
New 129 Series Trimmers
The 129 Series includes the 129C curved-shaft trimmer (MSRP: $159.95), the 129L straight-shaft trimmer (MSRP: $199.95), the 129LK and 129DJx detachable trimmers (MSRP starting at $229.95) and the 129R bike-handle brushcutter (MSRP: $299.95). The detachable trimmers feature a comprehensive lineup of optional attachments that can help users meet any job or challenge with one versatile tool.
Three new chainsaws join Husqvarna’s powerful lineup to give landowners and farmers even more options to choose from:
- The 135 chainsaw (MSRP starting at $229.95) is ideal for homeowners looking for a chainsaw that is exceptionally easy to start and maneuver. The 135 features air injection for longer operating times between filter cleanings and an auto-return stop switch for easier starting.
- The 465 Rancher chainsaw (MSRP: $549.95) is ideal for demanding cutting jobs where more power and a longer bar are required. The AutoTune system allows chainsaw operators to work continuously without making carburetor adjustments.
- The 439 chainsaw (MSRP: $399.95) was developed with the arborist in mind. It’s extremely lightweight and versatile with an optimized saw body that is devoid of protruding parts that could get in the way of operation.
Each of the new chainsaw models features Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine, which offers high torque with fewer emissions.
New Mower Models
Husqvarna’s newest zero-turn mowers and lawn tractor, including the Z248F (MSRP starting at $2,999.95) and the YT48DXLS tractor (MSRP: $2,799.95), feature a ClearCut deck with a 10-gauge, welded-steel shell and additional welded reinforcement strips. The ClearCut deck features an optimized race-track design with internal baffling and a wide mouth deflector that improves clipping dispersion. It also has a nose baffle to better direct colliding air systems, while the deep deck depth facilitates overall airflow for smoother grass processing. In addition, the ClearCut deck’s riveted top metal plate increases the mower’s durability, and it does not require a supplemental blowing unit for the collection system.
Additionally, all MZ Series zero-turn mowers have been outfitted with the brand’s new premium seat (part no. 501 58 04-02; MSRP: $399.84). The new MZ seat was made with an emphasis on ergonomics to better provide a comfortable ride for users. It includes a heavily bolstered design that contributes to reduced rider fatigue, even during long periods of use.
In the walk-behind mowing category, Husqvarna is introducing a trio of 21-inch deck products: the LC221R (MSRP: $329.95), a light and maneuverable rear-wheel drive (RWD) model; the LC221RH (MSRP: $379.95), a powerful RWD model; and the LC221AH (MSRP: $399.95), an all-wheel drive (AWD) option.
As the first brand to introduce an AWD walk-behind mower, the LC221AH features Husqvarna’s latest generation of the AWD system. These mowers produce an optimal cut thanks to a high tunnel design that allows for better airflow through the deck. In addition, the LC221RH and LC221AH come equipped with high rear wheels that improve the mowers’ maneuverability.