HOUSTON, Tex., November 25, 2013 — Mahindra USA introduced eight new Tier IV compliant tractors to an enthusiastic welcome from the more than 1,000 attendees at its National Dealer Meeting. Here are the new Mahindra tractors to be available in January 2014 (the Max 24 will be available in December 2013).
- The eMax, a new line of heavy-duty sub-compact tractors available at 22 HP and 25 HP, a solid workhorse in a smaller frame.
- The Max 24 will join the Max tractor series.
- At the other end of the spectrum, Mahindra expands its larger utility tractor line-up to include the mPower 75.
- The company will add two 50 HP tractors, the 3550 and 4550, a 55 HP tractor, 5555 in 2WD and 4WD, and a 65 HP tractor, 4565.
Each of the new tractors is Tier IV compliant while the mPower 75, 3550, 4550, 5555 and 4565 tractors all feature the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), unique to the Mahindra mCRD engine. The mCRD engine is a lower cost, low maintenance solution to meet the Tier IV emission standards. The DOC eliminates the diesel particulate filter resulting in no backpressure monitor or filter cleaning for greater protection.
“We are committed to investing in research and product development to expand the Mahindra product line and continually moving the brand forward,” said Mani Iyer, President, Mahindra USA. “Mahindra is the fastest growing tractor brand in North America because we deliver a quality product at a great value that repeatedly out-performs the market place.”
All new models are covered by Mahindra’s industry-leading five-year powertrain warranty and built to the unyielding specifications of the brand including steel construction, larger tires and the heaviest weight-by-class to ensure optimum performance in its category.
“These new tractors offer the superior performance and rugged reliability the brand is known for along with a best-in-class warranty to back it up,” said Cleo Franklin, Vice President, Marketing and Strategic Planning, Mahindra USA. “Push more, pull more, lift more is the intention in the design and development of each new Mahindra tractor. We are driven by our goal to meet and exceed the expectations of our dealers and customers.”
The new sub-compact tractor series, eMax 22 and 25, features:
- bigger tires for greater stability
- heavier built-in weight at 1,540 for greater load capacity
- twin pedal (side-by-side), HST transmission
- best-in-class three-point lift capacity
- 75” high and 900 pound loader capability
- 22 HP has six forward and two reverse gears
- Xpress seat II
- drive-over mower with fabricated deck, mid-mount and fast blade tip for a high-quality cut
Highlights of Mahindra’s unique Tier IV compliant mCRD engine:
- high pressure fuel injection engine greatly reducing visible engine smoke
- multiple injection points for fuel efficiency with greener emissions including a reduction in NOx and Particulate Matter (PM)
- diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) after treatment system that does not require regeneration
- high-efficiency positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) technology to capture and clean gases from the combustion chamber before releasing them into the environment