We're headed to GIE+Expo in Louisville, Ky., and if you're planning on attending, let's meet up. The event is held at the Kentucky Expo Center. Dealer Day is Oct. 18 and the show runs Oct. 19-20. We want to know what new products and technologies are capturing your attention as well as what you think the big sellers will be in 2018.
To help you make the most of your experience, download the mobile app Go EXPO, sponsored by TurfMutt. The mobile app is a personalized planner that features a real-time exhibitor list, interactive floor plan, session schedule and planning and networking tools.
The app is available in iTunes, Google Play and Amazon stores. Search for GIE+Expo 2017.
Here's an update regarding attendee and exhibitor participation as well as changes for 2018:
- Exhibits are expected to cover 50,000 square feet more than last year.
- Overall, attendee registrations are up 13% over 2016's record-setting numbers. The lawn and landscape professional category is up 19%.
- Exhibitor participation is up with about 1,000 GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. 20% are new exhibitors.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area will cover more than 20 acres.
- More new product introductions are expected, with over 100 products in the sold-out New Products Showcase and 25 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
- Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, has increased by 15% over 2016's record-breaking size.
- Dealer programming, including the opening keynote luncheon, the new Dealer Boot Camp by Bob Clements, UTV University and free 30-minute dealer workshops are expected to draw over 1,000 participants.
- GIE+EXPO's pre-registration contractor workshops are up 34%. Several are already sold out and the show managers expect others for follow suit shortly.
Because of the show's continued growth, a new format will be implemented in 2018, allowing contractors an extra day on the show floor and the opportunity to demo all three days. Starting next year, the indoor show floor will open exclusively for dealers, retailers and the media at noon on Wednesday. Then, beginning at 3 p.m. and continuing Thursday and Friday, the entire industry will be invited to visit the exhibits - both indoors and in the Outdoor Demonstration Area.
For more information and online registration for the tradeshow and education program: www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points: Facebook, info@GIE-EXPO.com, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and 800-558-8767/812-949-9200.