MIAMI — The National Hispanic Landscape Alliance (NHLA) announces its new board of directors for the 2017-2019 term.
New to the board are Ray Rueda of Nature’s Dream Landscape, Inc, Pinecrest, Fla., and Alejandro Romo of Green and Clean Landscaping, Greensboro, N.C.
Also elected to new 2-year terms are returning directors Mari Medrano of CoCal Landscaping, Denver, Colo.; Raul Berrios of Rulyscapes, Centreville, Va; Josh Denison of Denison Landscaping, Fort Washington, Md.; and Rafael Diaz of Diaz Group, Chicago, Ill.
“The NHLA has been blessed to have exemplary green industry leaders that care about helping Hispanics achieve greater success and grow as industry leaders,” said Pam Berrios, NHLA president. “Our newly elected directors and those serving unexpired terms have varying backgrounds, represent different regions of the country, possess experience in small, mid-sized, and large companies, and share a deeply rooted passion for our industry. I’m truly excited about working with them, our staff, supporting members, and contractor members as we continue to identify opportunities and develop programs to help others achieve greater success as landscape industry professionals.”
The complete list of board members and officers for the NHLA includes:
- President: Pam Berrios, ALS Services, Northern Va.
- President-Elect: Mari Medrano Mejia, CoCal Landscape, Denver, Colo.
- Past President: Juan Torres, Next Step Solutions, East Haven, Conn.
- Secretary: Jose Arroyo, Jose’s Landscaping, Lyman, S.C.
- Treasurer: Domenic Chiarella, 7 of 7 Best Business & Life Strategies, Southbury, Conn.
- Raul Berrios, Rulyscapes, Centreville, Va.
- Rafael Diaz, Diaz Group, Chicago, Ill.
- Josh Denison, Denison Landscaping, Fort Washington, Md.
- Ivan Giraldo, Clean Scapes Landscaping, Austin, Texas
- Rafael Gonzalez Arnau, GALA Services, Inc., Escondido, Calif.
- Wilmer Ventura, Yellowstone Landscape, Atlanta, Ga.
- Alejandro Romo, Green and Clean Landscaping, Greensboro, N.C.
- Ray Rueda, Nature’s Dream Landscape, Pinecrest, Fla.
- Ken Taylor, John Deere, Cary, N.C.
- Ralph Egües is the NHLA executive director and serves as an ex-officio member of the board.
Supporting members of the NHLA include: Briggs & Stratton, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Honda Power Equipment, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, Kohler, Kubota, Rotary, and Toro.
The National Hispanic Landscape Alliance is an association that focuses on understanding and addressing the needs of the nation’s half million Hispanic-American landscaping professionals, facilitates their advancement as landscape industry professionals and leaders, promotes their contributions, and provides them a voice in the national dialo