Case Construction Equipment has announced the grand prize winner of its inaugural Case Kickstart Contest, a business development contest in which landscaping contractors can win a suite of prizes designed to take their company to the next level.
Out of over 350 entries, Austin Kirby, owner of Kirb Appeal Lawn & Landscape of Oxford, Ala., was selected as the grand prize winner, and will be taking home the following package:
- A six-month lease on any one (1) piece of Case Construction Equipment.
- A yearlong consultation with landscape contracting industry expert Jeffrey Scott
- A $3,500 Case Parts & Service Reward Card to go towards the purchase of attachments, fluids, etc.
- Fleet management consultation and recommendations from Case staff throughout 2018.
- Brand-new, custom-branded Case apparel/uniforms for staff.
- Up to five passes to GIE+EXPO 2018 in Louisville, Ky.
“I'm amazed that I won, I think it's going to afford me some opportunities that I would not have had otherwise, especially with this equipment,” says Kirby. “I'll be able to do jobs that I wasn't able to do before - it gives me something to have in my pocket where I know I can go out and get the job done.”
Kirby is also looking forward to the yearlong consultation package with Jeffrey Scott, which will include in-depth business analysis, personal coaching and consultation, follow-ups throughout the year and a recap session to gauge results and set next steps.
“I really just want to get better with my numbers, get everything pinpointed and down to an exact science - to see where I have opportunities for growth, things I should cut back on and where to go from here!”
“This contest is about awarding the entrepreneurial spirit, and providing the resources to allow a determined landscape business owner to reach their full potential,” says Michel Marchand, vice president – North America, Case Construction Equipment. “Austin Kirby was chosen as our grand prize winner because he has the drive to do amazing work in his community and take his landscaping business to the next level.”
The following runners-up will receive select consultative and apparel considerations from Case.
- Jennifer Davies, owner of Pratt’s Lawn Care & Landscapes of Bala, Ont.
- Mathew Herjeczki, owner of Jetski Landscape of Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Matt Thompson, owner of Maine Landscape Management of Gorham, Maine
- Edward Solomon, owner of Solomon’s Landscape and Design of Mauldin, S.C.
- Robert O’Leary, owner of RJ Lawn & Landscape of Farmington, N.Y.
All entrants also received a retail offer for $250 off the purchase of $3,500 or more in Case OEM attachments (valid April 1 - July 31, 2018).
Business owners entered the contest by answering basic questions about their operation, and describing how they would evolve their services by winning the contest. For more information on this contest, and the entire offering of Case equipment and business intelligence for the landscaping industry, visit CaseCE.com/landscaping.